We welcome all forms of art here. We emphasize the written word because… well, this is a blog. Your submission can be poetry, lyrics, an essay about what’s going on in your head, or whatever you want to write about.
Of course, you may not be a gifted writer. There are other creative outlets that can help heal. If you’ve done some artwork or a sculpture, feel free to share a photo. If you’ve written and/or recorded a song, share it. If you’ve airbrushed a guitar or a motorcycle gas tank, take a pic and send it on in. Heck, if you’ve peed a really cool design into the snow, take a photo. We’ll all have a good laugh. And laughter is crucial to healing.
- Numero uno: You retain all ownership and copyright to anything you send.
- You agree to respect the copyrights and intellectual property of others.
- You remain anonymous unless you tell us you don’t want to be anonymous.
- We reserve the right to refuse or edit written submissions if they contain “extreme” vulgarity. I mean, if you’re going through anger, depression, PTSD, TBI, etc., then you know that swearing is part of the culture. But seriously, if you send us something that would make R. Lee Ermey blush, we might just have to kick it back.
- We reserve the right to refuse or edit submissions that contain libel, slander, and/or a threat. If you’re pissed off about the wait for service at the VA, then please express it creatively. Don’t personally attack people or threaten to blow the place up. We reserve the right to report threats to the proper authorities if we think you might be serious.
- No porn or erotic material. There are other sites for that. This ain’t one.
- Otherwise, let your creativity flow. It’s therapeutic, trust me.
- Your submitted work will appear here in the form of a blog post. We will link to that blog post via various social media accounts.
- There is no definite time frame for posting. We’ll get ’em up as soon as we can.
Now that you’ve got an idea of what we’re looking for, please send submissions to: